Rules & Entry
On your marks, get set, go and revolutionize. We are now accepting submissions for the first ever Sarah Lawrence College International Audio Fiction Award, aka The Sarah Awards. Winners will receive cash prizes and be celebrated at an award ceremony on April 1, 2016 at WNYC's Greene Space. The inestimable Glynn Washington of Snap Judgment is going to be our Master of Ceremonies. Read about the submission process and click on the button at the bottom of the page to enter.
Let the revolution begin!
To be eligible
- To be eligible, entries must be between 3 minutes and 60 minutes in length. Each entry will be judged individually—no series will be accepted.
- Entries must have been produced between February 2014 and February 2016.
- Entries of all languages are admissible. However, if your works are not in English, you must provide a transcript in English.
- We cannot offer individual critiques of declined audio or reasons for declining audio from the nominations.
- All works must be fiction–no documentaries will be accepted. (However, mockumentaries will be happily accepted.)
- What do we mean by “audio fiction?” Check out our FAQ page or email us at email@example.com.
- You may submit as many entries as you like.
- Each entry should consist of one audio file. (MP3)
- Entries are only accepted through Submittable. There you will find clear instructions for uploading your story. If you need help or have any questions, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
All entries must include
- Brief producer bio (80 words max)
- One audio file per entry
- Synopsis of your entry
- Entry fee
- If submission is not in English, you must provide an English transcript.
Fees and deadlines
- Free for student entries.
- $15 for entries uploaded between Monday, November 23, 2015 and Monday, December 21, 2015.
- $30 for all entries uploaded between Tuesday, December 22, 2015 through Monday, February 15, 2016 at 5 p.m. EST
- Entries uploaded after Monday, February 15, 2016 by 5 p.m. EST will not be judged.
- All entries may be considered for the The Sarahs’ Serendipity podcast and PRX’s Remix.
- Payment is to be made online through Submittable. If you have any issues or problems, please email email@example.com.